If you are in the Los Angeles area next week, be sure to attend the 2010 Legends of La Cienega event as they celebrate design in film and television. Sponsored by Elle Decor magazine, the event will feature vignettes and lectures of interior designer's work inspired by many of our favorite films along with tributes to some of the leading set decorators in the business:
Interior Designers and Showrooms:
• Auntie Mame by Woodson & Rummerfield at Baker• Breakfast at Tiffany's by Richard Hallberg at Navona Antiques
• Dangerous Liaisons by Tim Corrigan at Reborn Antiques• Dr. Zhivago by Dayna Lee at George Smith Handmade Furniture • The Fountainhead by Oliver Furth at Bausman & Co. • Goldfinger by James Radin at Mecox Gardens
• L.A. Confidential by Kevin Corn at Maison Schembri• Lawrence of Arabia by Philip Nimmo at Compas Architectural Stone, Inc. • A Passage to India by Peter Dunham at Hollyhock • Pillow Talk by Sheldon Harte at Gray Morell
Leading Set Decorators:
• A Tribute to Film Noir by Laura Richarz (True Blood, Cheers, and Three's Company) and David Smith (Cirque du Freak, Shop Girls, Imagine That, and Holiday) at Jean de Merry• A Tribute to Black and White Television Classics by Peter Gurski and Melinda Ritz (Will and Grace) at Scalamandré • A Tribute to Romantic and Musical Comedies of the '50s and '60s by Melissa Levander (The Conspirator, Made of Honor, and Little Miss Sunshine) at Dragonette Ltd.
• Barbara Munch, Glee, at Jamal's Rug Collection• Ann Shea, Big Bang Theory, at Todd Hase Furniture, INC. • Amy Wells, Mad Men, at Paul Marra Design • Amy Wells, The Single Man, at The Nanz Company and Remains Lighting
This is a partial list and there are many more events and vignettes planned.
For more on the event, see their website.